MAKING A RESERVATION WITH US
To make a booking with us,fill in the new online booking form which you can find in the tour section of your desire.
1. Please fill all the information in the online Tour Booking Form or the paper version (see above)
2. Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the day you arrive at your destination.
3. REGISTRATION DEPOSIT of 400 euro per person (requited at time of booking) is NON-REFUNDABLE since we pay most of our partners and guides in advance to ensure best quality and availability.However, this can be converted into a credit for travel at a later date.No tour will be reserved until the prescribed deposit is received after 3 days the booking date. Upon receipt of your deposit you will receive an immediate booking confirmation.
4. We reserve the right to cancel the booking without prior notice if the balance is not paid by the deadline and you will forfeit your deposit.
5. We reserve the right to cancel any tour and to decline to accept any person as a participant in a tour
6. SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS: We have space available for one or two singles on each of our tours. They are provided with single-use double rooms.
7. After your deposit has been accredited we will send you an invoice with the amount for the balance of payment (see section Payments methods)
MAKE A PAYMENT WITH US IF PAYING BY CREDIT CARD ONLY
Our booking engine is powered by TrekkSoft.com. If you have any inquiry, please contact us directly and not TrekkSoft AG
Transactions are processed through a 3rd party secure payment portal that protects your bank details and personal information by keeping them in a secure environment. Your credit card details are not seen or stored by Secret Tours.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club credit cards. The transaction will appear on your credit card statement as TREKKSOFT A SECRETTOURS.
Transactions are processed in EUR only
- Security: Your data is not stored on the TREKKSOFT servers, but securely sent to our payment gateway provider for payment processing. TrekkPay is PCI DSS compliant, awarded by Visa, MasterCard and TDC by American Express.
- The merchant company will notify you of your successful transaction via a separate email where you can also download your payment receipt
- Payment of a deposit or full payment indicates you have read and consent to the terms and conditions (see below) and that you are reasonably physically fit and can walk uphill at times.Full payment must be received 70 days prior to the departure date. Please contact us via email 70 days before the tour starts to inquire about the methods of payments we accept
- For bank transfers payments, please request our bank details via email
TOUR FARE INCLUDES
1. Hotel arrangement: Twin/double room shared basis.
2. Transportation: Air conditioned luxury 8 or 19 seats motorcoach
3. English speaking tour directors as per itinerary
4. Gratuity for local city guides.
5. Included meals and drinks where specified
6. Cultural experiences where specified
7. Included excursions where specified
8. Airport transfers on Day 1 and last day of the tour
9. City tax in all the hotels
TOUR FARE EXCLUDES
1. Travel insurance and visa fees/Trip Interruption & Cancellation insurance
2. Any charges for extras not listed in itinerary
3. Room services, telephone charges, laundry fees
4. SECRET TOURS will accept no responsibilities for losses, damages or bodily harm.
5. Gratuities for tour director
6. Gratuities for the local driver/s
7. Single room supplement
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
If you cancel your tour for any reason including medical or personal reasons, cancellation fees will apply.
1. are 98% refundable 70 days or more prior to tour start date:
2. are 48% refundable 70 to 31 days prior to tour start date:
3. 30 days or less prior to tour start date: NO REFUND
1. SECRET TOURS is not liable for any delay or expense.
2. SECRET TOURS will accept no responsibilities for losses or additional expense due to accident, delay, weather, strike or cause beyond its control.
3. Passengers must have a valid passport. Your passport must remain valid for at least 6 months from the arrival date. SECRET will not be held responsible for any expenses if passenger is refused entry by any country.
4. SECRET is not liable if passenger decide to withdraw during the tour.
5. SECRET reserves the right to alter or curtail the itinerary substitute hotels and/or conveyances as it is deemed necessary.
6. SECRET will not accept liability for acts of violence for any single sharing a room with others.
7. Non-refundable for any unused portion of the tour and any meals listed in itinerary after departure whatever the reason is that you cannot continue with the tour.
8. SECRET also reserves the right to require any individual to withdraw from the tour if deemed his/her act of conduct is detrimental to or incompatible with the interest, harmony & welfare of other passengers and the tour as a whole.
SECRET TOURS shall be under no further liability thereafter to any such person.
UNAVOIDABLE AND EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES
We cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance of our obligations is prevented or affected, as a result of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances. event. This means a situation which is beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Such situations are likely to include (whether actual or threatened) war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemics, fire, closure, restriction or congestion of airspace, airports and ports and all other events outside our control or the Foreign Office advice.
We are an Italian-Maltese owned and registered company in Malta.We are based in Malta, Sicily and proudly member of ASTA ( American Society of Travel Agents). You are fully covered by tour operators liability insurance and regularly carry out risk assessments on the properties and services we use. We design our own tours and act only as an agent and/or intermediary for independent suppliers. As a result it retains other contractors to provide transportation, accommodation and other related travel services. SECRET accepts no responsibility for any such losses or any additional expenses or and distress due to delays, sickness, weather, strikes or any other causes.
1. Passengers shall be regarded as carrying his/her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property.
2. SECRET is not liable for any loss, injury, accident, damage, delay or expense which may arise during the tour.
3. Passenger accepts full responsibility for losses and expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, wars, quarantine and changes in itinerary.
4. SECRET TOURS will not be held responsible if passenger carries any unlawful items or irregularities, any losses and expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
5. SECRET TOURS, tour guide and driver do not accept liability for lost or stolen personal property during the tour.
NO SMOKING POLICY
We have a non smoking policy on all our tour buses and at all archaeological sites visited.
PERMISSION FOR PHOTOS AND VIDEOS FOR GUESTS
You agree that our tour directors may take photos and films of you while on holiday with us and that these may be used in our Tour Catalog and/or advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photos and /or films.
Purchase of European travel insurance is strongly recommended. We will be pleased to assist in inquiries of any travel insurance.
Trip Interruption and Cancellation insurance is not included. We highly recommend Travelex-Insurance.com to protect your vacation.
Any and all information submitted to us by you is held in strict confidence. Your name, address, phone number, email address, tour inquiry or purchase information will be used by Secret Italia Tours LTD only and not shared with any third parties.
If you are a travel agent, do contact us to find the right partner for planning and developing your tours. We have a vast knowledge and plenty of experience. We can create itineraries according to your customers wishes for small groups.
TOUR CHANGES/GUESTS BEHAVIOR
All information on our website is to the best of our knowledge, correct. However, we reserve the right to make changes in accommodations, visits and itineraries at any times should it become necessary. It is beyond our control delays or itinerary changes caused by strikes, bad weather, traffic or other unforeseen circumstances. We are not obliged to pay guests compensation.
We reserve the right to accept/reject or not retain any person whose behavior affects the enjoyment of the tour.
YOUR BOOKING PROTECTION
In accordance with “The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992”, there is no requirement for Financial Protection of day trips when flight is not included and none is provided. Please refer to Insurance section.
WALKING ON TOUR
We do not place any age limitations on the tour and welcome anyone with a moderate level of physical fitness. Most medieval towns were built as hilltop fortifications, so you will find some of your walking to be uphill. Be prepared to spend a few hours a day on your feet and for uphill walks to some hotels, steps and inclines in Matera and Ostuni. Our tours are not suited for anyone with problems with knees, back, heart or those who cannot manage steps and moderate inclines.Age is not important as long as you are reasonably fit and a good walker. If you have mobility issues,please do call us. We will always do our best to accommodate everyone, including offering alternative arrangements where possible.
You are allowed one suitcase and one carry-on bag. If you exceed this limit there may not be space in the coach to transport your excess luggage and it will be at your own expense to have it transported throughout the tour. We suggest that you bring a day-pack for carrying water, guide books, jacket, rain gear, etc.
Are located in quiet locations within historic districts or a short distance outside the city walls. European hotel rooms are generally smaller than those in the U.S, and have one queen bed or two single beds, with private bath.You should know that air conditioning in Italy, as well as WI-FI connection, are not always as reliable as they are in your country
We have space available for several singles on each of our tours.They are provided with single-use double rooms.
For our recommended tours and dates, as listed in our web site, are guaranteed. We do not sell optional excursions or take you on shopping expeditions. Your additional expenses will be for non-included meals, moderate tipping where appropriate, and personal sightseeing or shopping
The air conditioning systems in Italy, when available,typically do not meet your country standards.If the client has special requirements regarding air conditioning, the client must alert Secret Tours to those requirements well in advance of the tour. Heat, when needed (most often during our late fall and winter tours),is available in Italian hotels.
Secret Tours will not be responsible for any damages or discomfort caused by inadequate heating and/or air-conditioning in any hotel, bus,train, airplane, or other accommodation used by the client on the tour.
Many of our lunches and dinners are groups’ events and most of these meals are fixed menu. We choose a variety of meals where you can savor regional dishes and taste the local wine. For the rest you are free to make your own gastronomic discoveries.When you order your own meals, sometimes in places where English is not spoken, you learn more about the food, the wines, the people and the language of others.