7 DAYS MALTA & GOZO SMALL GROUP TOURS
Delight in a special exploration of both islands, with their amazing climate, dramatic vistas and hearty cuisine that embodies all things Maltese. Many were those who occupied the islands in the course of their lengthy history leaving behind an artistic and cultural heritage. The Maltese Islands are like nowhere else. Here you will find great prehistoric temples, fossil-studded cliffs, glittering hidden coves, thrilling diving opportunities and a history of remarkable intensity.
On this small group journey, you’ll begin your exploration of Malta, examining the imprints of history left by many civilizations. Enjoy the contrasts of everyday life in these very different islands corners as you mingle with the locals during exclusive meals, wine tasting , boat trips and more cultural experiences .
Malta and Gozo are lands of surprises and we are excited to discover them together!
- Guaranteed departure small group travel: small, intimate group limited to 12/14 participants only!
- More than 10 included sightseeing tours & cultural experiences as follows: VALLETTA UPPER BARRACCA GARDENS
- Exclusive visit to ST JOHN’S CO-CATHEDRAL in VALLETTA
- Visit of the GRAND MASTER’S PALACE
- Optional visit to ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM in VALLETTA
- Included visit to the stunning OPERA HOUSE
- Enjoy a HARBOR CRUISE around the “THREE CITIES” of Vittoriosa, Cospicua and Senglea
- Unique visit to the “INQUISITOR’S PALACE” and the “WAR MUSEUM” in VITTORIOSA
- Included boat crossing from VALLETTA waterfront to VITTORIOSA
- The Neolithic Temples of “HAGAR QIM & TARXIEN “
- Experience the colorful fishing village of “MARSAXLOKK”
- Witness ST PAUL’S CATACOMBS in RABAT
- Discover elegant MDINA , the “Silent City” and colorful RABAT
- Green Island of GOZO (The Citadel , Xlendi Bay, Ramla Bay beach, Ggantija Temples)
- Foodie experiences in MALTA and GOZO
- Entrance to the beautiful “TEATRU MANOEL,one of the oldest working theaters in the world
- Visit a stunning 18th Century BAROQUE Style PALACE with its gardens in NAXXAR and many more
- Visit popular UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Included entrances to archaeological sites; local Tour guide, experienced to accompany you throughout your journey
- Transportation on tour, via private 8/16 seats air-conditioned motorcoach
- No hidden extras
- Included regional meals: All breakfasts, 3 foodie experiences, 2 lunches, 3 dinners (main meals include regional wine, mineral water, local coffee or tea only)
- Activity level: Light/Moderate
- Arrival & departure: The tour will begin with transfers from Malta international airport to your hotel in Valletta and end with a transfer to the airport from our Gozo hotel at scheduled times in the morning only
- Terms & conditions/Single supplement: (View here) & FAQ ( View here)
- Trip Interruption and Cancellation Insurance is not included. We highly recommend Travelex-Insurance.com to protect your vacation.
- Purchase of European Travel & Health Insurance is strongly recommended
- Personalize your adventure with a Pre-and Post Trip Extension to MOROCCO 6 nights from only € 1,500 per person, CYPRUS 6 nights from only € 1,000 per person,ISTANBUL 4 nights from only € 900 per person
MALTA SMALL GROUP TOUR “THE COLORS OF MALTA & GOZO TRAVEL ITINERARY”
7 DAYS MALTA & GOZO SMALL GROUP TOURS
TOUR LIMITED TO 12/14 PARTICIPANTS ONLY
DAY 1 : WELCOME TO THE MAGICAL ISLAND OF MALTA
Arrival in Malta and transfer to our central historical “PALAZZO ZAMITTELLO” or similar, in Valletta renowned for its luxurious blend of Victorian decor and gracious Mediterranean hospitality. Located on Malta’s north-east coast, Valletta is one of the most fascinating cities in Europe, a melting pot of civilizations. Meet your tour guide at 6.30 pm in the hotel lobby for an aperitif followed by dinner in a local restaurant.Overnight stay in VALLETTA
DAY 2 : FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE GRANDIOSE VALLETTA
Colloquially known as “Il-Belt”, VALLETTA is the capital city of Malta that was built during the rule of the Knights of St. John.Today’s visit will begin from the Upper Barakka gardens, perched high above the Grand harbor where your local expert will show you the highlights of this magical city, discovering its hidden beauty, with plenty of time on your own in Republic Street for shopping or sightseeing. Included are interior visits to the top two sites: “St.John’s Co-Cathedral” with its museum, dating back to the 16th century, boasting two masterpieces by Caravaggio and “The Grand Masters Palace” which houses the Parliament and the president’s office.After an included lunch in a local tavern, you’ll visit the “TEATRU MANOEL“,one of the oldest working theaters in the world, built in 1731 by the Knights of St. John followed by a non-guided visit at the ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM. Evening is on your own this evening. Overnight in VALLETTA
DAY 3 : THE GRAND HARBOR AREA: THE THREE CITIES -VITTORIOSA & SENGLEA
This morning we explore the city of VITTORIOSA, one of the most enchanting within the THREE CITIES, the towns extending towards Valletta, dividing the Grand Harbor into deep inlets. In Vittoriosa you’ll visit the Inquisitor’s Palace, featuring plain prison cells and dungeons on the lower floors, which contrast with the highly decorated private apartments of the Inquisitors themselves above, including the Tribunal room where evidence was heard and verdicts were issued. You’ll also visit the War Museum, housed in an 18th century army barracks which served as a police station and air raid precautions center during the war. After a foodie experience with Maltese bread snack FTIRA,you’ll board a typical Maltese gondola for a 30 mins harbor cruise. Spend the rest of the day on your own for more local experiences. Dinner is included in a slow food restaurant located in the charming fishing town of SLIEMA. Overnight stay in VALLETTA
DAY 4 : DISCOVER HAGAR QIM, TARXIEN TEMPLES & COLORFUL MARSAXLOKK
Our morning destination is the megalithic temples of HAGAR QIM (3600 to 3000 BC)the best preserved and most evocative of Malta’s prehistoric sites. Continue to the suburb of Paola where you can find the TARXIEN TEMPLES,discovered in 1914 and excavated with great care.Visit the charming fishing village of MARSAXLOKK, famous for its brightly colored fishing boats which ride at anchor and where the wives of the fishermen knot nylon string bags for the tourists. After lunch on your own, you’ll explore more in depth the south coast travelling along the rocky coast of WIED IZ-ZURRIEQ stopping off at the Blue Grotto to enjoy amazing views (not included boat trip to the Blue Grotto).Dinner is on your own this evening. Overnight stay in VALLETTA
DAY 5: ANCIENT TRADITIONS OF MALTA: MOSTA, RABAT & MDINA “THE SILENT CITY”
Today’s visit takes you to central Malta, one of the most fascinating regions.Our tour begins with a visit to MOSTA, where you’ll visit the monument of St Mary’s Church, with its third largest unsupported dome in the world dedicated to the Assumption.On April 9,1942, the church was nearly destroyed during War World II. An Axis bomb hit the dome of the church but failed to explode. The detonator was removed and a replica is now displayed as a memorial.We then move to RABAT for admiring the unique ST PAUL’S CATACOMBS and a 18th century noble PALAZZO accompanied by a welcome drink. After an included foodie experience with local “PASTIZZI pastry”,you’ll continue near the village of DINGLI with its outstanding cliffs and the silent town of MDINA, where many beautiful buildings and monuments can be found. Reach the port of Cirkewwa to transfer you by 25-minutes ferry to the island of GOZO for your last two nights at “KEMPINSKI HOTEL GOZO“ or similar.Dinner is on your own this evening. Overnight in GOZO
DAY 6 : GOZO-THE ISLAND OF CALYPSO
The idyllic island of GOZO, the second largest island of the Maltese archipelago is more rural and popular for its scenic hills, which are featured on its coat of arms. Our day starts with a walking tour of the fortified capital city of Victoria with its enchanting Citadel followed by a panoramic drive around the island, stopping off at Dwejra, the fishing village of Xlendi, Ramla Bay and the Ggantija Temples. We have included today a foodie experience of Gozitan pizza.Tonight we’ll celebrate your Maltese adventure with your last meal at one of the typical regional restaurants. Sahha from all of us at Secret Tours!!!Overnight stay in GOZO
DAY 7 : SAHHA MALTA & GOZO
Morning transfers to Malta airport for your flight home.