AMALFI COAST SMALL GROUP TOUR
From the Baroque architecture of old Naples to the treasures in its museums, from the poignant ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum to the gorgeous little resorts sprinkled along the Amalfi coast, from the labyrinthine streets of the city to the dream-like atmosphere of the islands: this region has more than enough to keep visitors enthralled. The Amalfi Coast is Italy’s most beautiful stretch of coastline, a mild weathered enclave of towering cliffs,idyllic villages tumbling colorfully to the sea, precipitous corniche roads, luxuriant gardens, and magnificent vistas over turquoise waters and green swathed mountains. It lies along the flanks of the Sorrento Peninsula, a cliff-edged promontory that juts from the mainland close to the southern reaches of the Bay of Naples.
Cliffs terraced with scented lemon groves sheer down into sparkling seas; sherbet-hued villas cling precariously to unforgiving slopes while sea and sky merge in one vast blue horizon. The Amalfi Coast is about drama, and this trip takes you where the mountains plunge seaward in a stunning vertical landscape of precipitous crags, forests and resort towns. Positano & Amalfi are fabulously picturesque and colorful, while mountain-top Ravello is a serenely tranquil place with a tangible sense of history.
We have a real passion for the Amalfi coast and look forward to sharing it with you all!!
- Guaranteed departure small group travel: small, intimate group limited to 12/14 participants only!
- More than 10 included sightseeing tours & cultural experiences
- Tour of SORRENTO with its historical treasures and local experiences
- Take a lesson in time travel to discover the beauty of NAPLES
- Visit the unique MUSEUM CORREALE in SORRENTO
- PRIVATE BOAT TOUR of the AMALFI COAST
- Enjoy HANDS-ON-COOKING in SORRENTO
- Boat trip to idyllic islands retreats of CAPRI & ANACAPRI with included chairlift to Monte Solaro
- Discover the ruins of POMPEII with our knowledgeable tour guide
- Visit maritime republic AMALFI and its treasures
- Our accommodations: 7 nights in charming, central hotels with a total of 1 night in NAPLES, 3 nights in SORRENTO, 3 nights in RAVELLO
- Visit popular UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Local guides included in Naples, Pompeii, Paestum
- Included gratuity for city guides
- Hotel taxes and service charges at all properties and restaurants
- No hidden extras
- A knowledgeable tour director to accompany you throughout the journey
- Entrances to sites are included
- Transportation on tour, via private air-conditioned 8-19seater mini bus or luxury Mercedes car for private tours
- Baggage transfers & porterage are included while overseas
- Included meals: All breakfasts,3 lunches, 3 dinners (main meals include regional wine, mineral water, espresso coffee or tea only)
- Tour package does not include transfer from Naples airport to your hotel, airfare, or any other personal travel expenses.We suggest arriving a day or two before your tour begins to allow ample time to get over jet lag and be well-rested for the first few days of your tour
- Our accommodations : NAPLES,” Palazzo Decumani“or similar, SORRENTO “Palazzo Guardati“or similar, RAVELLO “Hotel Villa Fraulo” or “Hotel Giordano“
- Activity level: Light/Moderate
- Terms & conditions/Single supplement: (View Here) and FAQ ( View Here)
- Trip Interruption and Cancellation insurance is not included. We highly recommend Travelex-Insurance.com to protect your vacation.
- Purchase of European Travel & Health Insurance is strongly recommended. We highly recommend Travelex-Insurance.com to protect your vacation
ROMANCE OF THE AMALFI COAST TRAVEL ITINERARY
SMALL GROUP TOUR FROM NAPLES TO NAPLES
Day 1 : WELCOME TO NAPLES
Arrive at Naples airport or train station and travel to the city center for an overnight stay at the central “ALBERGO PALAZZO DECUMANI” or similar, close to the city’s architecturally treasures.In the evening enjoy an included dinner in a local restaurant.Overnight in NAPLES
Day 2 : COLORFUL NAPLES,VOLCANIC WINES & POMPEII RUINS
UNESCO NAPLES is a universe of its own, imbued with fantasy and fatalism, superstition and splendor.In the morning, meet your local guide for exploring the city, stopping at the main squares and basilicas, as well as at hidden eateries to sample traditional dishes.The Naples tour is not only focused in discovering interesting sites that you cannot miss and learning about the Neapolitan lifestyle,but also local tradition and culture, that in Napoli is so much connected with the food and also with the Neapolitan songs.Continue to the foothills of Mount Vesuvius to tour a popular vineyard, sip the wines and sample a tasty lunch.Afterwards, head to the famous archaeological area of POMPEII, an ancient roman town destroyed by volcanic pyroclastic flows in 79 AD for a guided tour of this magnificent archaeological area.Continue to the stunning town of SORRENTO where you will spend the next three nights staying at the charming “HOTEL PALAZZO GUARDATI“or similar.Dinner is on your own this evening.Overnight stay in SORRENTO
Day 3 : SORRENTO DELIGHTS & HANDS-ON-COOKING
Overlooking the bay of Naples, SORRENTO entices you with its dramatic white cliffs, charming fishing harbor, and world-famous lemon groves from Limoncello and other lemon infused products are made. After breakfast you’ll set off on a morning walking tour of the town, visiting the attractive historical center, bustling Via San Cesareo, the Sedile Dominova, seat of the administration in the Angevin period, the Baroque church of St Francis, boasting a bulbous campanile and flanked by delightful 13C cloisters whose vegetable motifs capitals sustain interlaced arcades in Sicilian-Arab style. From the nearby public gardens, you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Bay of Naples and Mt Vesuvius. Following this, you will visit the house of a lady from Sorrento for a COOKING CLASS followed by an included lunch.The rest of the day is free to soak up the beauty of this fascinating town.Dinner is on your own this evening.Overnight stay in SORRENTO
Day 4 : DIVINE ISLAND OF CAPRI
In the morning, we’ll travel by ferry to the most uniquely beautiful Mediterranean island of CAPRI, located in the Tyrrhenian sea off the Sorrentine peninsula, on the south side of the gulf of Naples. A stark mass of limestone rock rising sheerly through impossibly blue water, Capri is the perfect microcosm of Mediterranean appeal- a smooth cocktail of vogueish piazzas and cool cafes, Roman ruins, rugged seascapes and holidaying VIPs, whitewashed buildings, labyrinthine lane-ways. Blue skies,breathtaking views,turquoise waters, today you’ll be shown an oasis for artists, writers and celebrities.We’ll also explore beyond CAPRI town and its uphill rival ANACAPRI. After time on your own for shopping and lunch, we’ll hop onto a chairlift to the summit of MONTE SOLARO (weather permitting), Capri’s highest point. The views from the top are utterly unforgettable.Tonight, you’ll eat like a local with a PIZZA BY METER dinner in the restaurant of our good friend Gigino.Overnight stay in SORRENTO
Day 5 : ROMANTIC AMALFI COAST & BACKROAD RAVELLO
With its charming fishing villages and luxuriant vegetation, a mixture of orange, lemon, olive and almond trees, as well as vines and bougainvillea, the AMALFI COAST has long been popular with travelers and artists.The wild and rugged landscape contrasts with its glamorous reputation.We start the visit with a panoramic drive to the delightful village of POSITANO, the most photogenic in the entire coast. Its steeply stacked houses are a medley of peaches, pinks and terracotta, and its near-vertical streets are lined with voguish shop displays, jewelry stalls, elegant hotels and smart restaurants.Afterwards we drive along the stunning Amalfi coast to the enchanting Spanish-looking little town of AMALFI, with its tall white houses built on slopes facing the sea in a wonderful setting.The Islamic-looking layout of the town is characterized by winding alleyways, staircases and vaulted passages which open out onto little squares.Continue to the refined hill town of RAVELLO where you’ll spend the last three nights at the”HOTEL FRAULO“or similar, located a short walk from the main town piazza.Dinner is on your own this evening.Overnight in RAVELLO
Day 6 : THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL AREA OF PAESTUM & MOZZARELLA FARM
After breakfast,we’ll discover the UNESCO listed PAESTUM temples which are among the best-preserved monuments of Magna Grecia, the Greek colony that once covered much of southern Italy. Our knowledgeable native guide will also introduce the stunning Museum which houses a collection of fascinating “metopes” (bas-relief friezes) from the Temple of Argiva Reva.Do not miss the 5th century BC fresco of the Tomba del Tuffatore (Tomb of the Diver) thought to represent the passage from life to death.Drive to a marvelous LOCAL FARM for a cheese experience with a light lunch included.We’ll have free time this afternoon for more exploration.Dinner is on your own this evening.Overnight stay in RAVELLO
Day 7 : BOAT TOUR IN AMALFI & THE DOLCE VITA IN RAVELLO
This morning we drive to Amalfi for an included morning PRIVATE BOAT TOUR to admire the stunning coastline from the sea.Afterwards discover Ravello at your own pace with its elegant villas clinging to the mountainside surrounded by beautiful lemon orchards or shop for the unique bright hand-painted pottery items.You might also consider visiting the ruins of the 11th-century Moorish Villa Rufolo or walk up to the stunning gardens of Villa Cimbrone.In the evening we’ll celebrate you with a “FAREWELL DINNER” in a local bistro. Overnight stay in RAVELLO
Day 8 : ARRIVEDERCI AMALFI COAST!!
Private transfer to Naples airport for your flight home.You might also like our 10 Days Small Group Tour to PUGLIA, or the 12 Days Small Group Tour To SARDINIA ISLAND or the 7 Days Small Group Tour to MALTA ISLAND
Amalfi Coast Reviews Summary
Recent Amalfi Coast Reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.