AMALFI COAST SMALL GROUP TOUR
From the Baroque architecture of old Naples to the treasures in its museums, from the poignant ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum to the gorgeous little resorts sprinkled along the Amalfi coast, from the labyrinthine streets of the city to the dream-like atmosphere of the islands: this region has more than enough to keep visitors enthralled. The Amalfi Coast is Italy’s most beautiful stretch of coastline, a mild weathered enclave of towering cliffs,idyllic villages tumbling colorfully to the sea, precipitous corniche roads, luxuriant gardens, and magnificent vistas over turquoise waters and green swathed mountains. It lies along the flanks of the Sorrento Peninsula, a cliff-edged promontory that juts from the mainland close to the southern reaches of the Bay of Naples.
Cliffs terraced with scented lemon groves sheer down into sparkling seas; sherbet-hued villas cling precariously to unforgiving slopes while sea and sky merge in one vast blue horizon. The Amalfi Coast is about drama, and this trip takes you where the mountains plunge seaward in a stunning vertical landscape of precipitous crags, forests and resort towns. Positano & Amalfi are fabulously picturesque and colorful, while mountain-top Ravello is a serenely tranquil place with a tangible sense of history.
We have a real passion for the Amalfi coast and look forward to sharing it with you all!!
- Guaranteed departure small group travel: small, intimate group limited to 12 participants only!
- More than 7 included sightseeing tours & cultural experiences: tour of SORRENTO with its historical treasures and local experiences
- Take a lesson in time travel to discover the beauty of NAPLES
- Visit amazing GREEK TEMPLES at PAESTUM
- Visit the unique MUSEUM CORREALE in SORRENTO
- Fall in love with romantic POSITANO
- Enjoy LIMONCELLO tastings and demonstration in SORRENTO
- Boat trip to idyllic islands retreats of CAPRI & ANACAPRI with included chairlift to Monte Solaro
- Discover the ruins of POMPEII with our knowledgeable tour guide
- Visit maritime republic AMALFI and its treasures
- Boat trip to the stunning EMERALD CAVE
- Enjoy a light lunch and wine tastings on the foothills of MT VESUVIUS
- MOZZARELLA FARM experience near PAESTUM with light lunch
- Our accommodations: 7 nights in charming, central hotels with a total of 3 nights near SORRENTO, 4 nights in RAVELLO
- Visit popular UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Local guides included in Pompeii, Paestum
- Transportation on tour, via private air-conditioned 19 seats motorcoach
- Included gratuity for city guides
- Hotel taxes and service charges at all properties and restaurants
- No hidden extras
- A knowledgeable tour director to accompany you throughout the journey
- Entrances to sites are included
- Transportation on tour, via private air-conditioned van or luxury Mercedes car for private tours
- Transfers while overseas; baggage transfers & porterage
- Included meals: All breakfasts,2 street food experiences, 3 lunches, 3 dinners (main meals include regional wine, mineral water, espresso coffee or tea only)
- Our accommodations : SORRENTO “Relais Villa Angiolina“or similar ; RAVELLO “Hotel Rufolo” or similar
- Activity level: Light/Moderate
- Terms & conditions/Single supplement: (View Here) and FAQ ( View Here)
- Trip Interruption and Cancellation insurance is not included. We highly recommend Travelex-Insurance.com to protect your vacation.
- Purchase of European Travel & Health Insurance is strongly recommended. We highly recommend Travelex-Insurance.com to protect your vacation
- ROME PRE/POST EXTENSION: 4 days/3 nights in ROME starting from EUR 1,000 per person inclusive of first class central hotel, morning breakfast, private airport transfers, 4 hrs guided tour.
ROMANCE OF THE AMALFI COAST TRAVEL ITINERARY
PRIVATE TOUR FROM NAPLES TO NAPLES
Day 1 : SHADOWS OF VESUVIUS- NAPLES & POMPEII
Arrive at Naples Airport or train station where you’ll be met by your tour guide at 10.00 and travel to the splendid Piazza Plebiscito in Naples where you’ll discover some treasures of this fascinating city.UNESCO NAPLES is a universe of its own, imbued with fantasy and fatalism, superstition and splendor. After an included street food experience, you’ll head to famous POMPEII, an ancient roman town destroyed by volcanic pyroclastic flows in 79 AD for a guided tour of this magnificent archaeological area. Spend the first three nights at a family-run small hotel “RELAIS VILLA ANGIOLINA“or similar, near the baroque treasures of SORRENTO.Welcome drink is included this evening followed by a dinner in a gourmet restaurant.Overnight near SORRENTO
Day 2 : SORRENTO DELIGHTS
Overlooking the bay of Naples, SORRENTO entices you with its dramatic white cliffs, charming fishing harbor, and world-famous lemon groves from Limoncello and other lemon infused products are made. After breakfast you’ll set off on a morning walking tour of the town, visiting the attractive historical center, bustling Via San Cesareo, the Sedile Dominova, seat of the administration in the Angevin period, the Baroque church of St Francis, boasting a bulbous campanile and flanked by delightful 13C cloisters whose vegetable motifs capitals sustain interlaced arcades in Sicilian-Arab style. From the nearby public gardens, you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Bay of Naples and Mt Vesuvius. During the tour you’ll also visit an inlaid wood work experience for which Sorrento is popular for and the Museum Correale. In addition to a rich assortment of 17th-to 19th century Neapolitan art and crafts, you’ll find Japanese, Chinese and European ceramics, clocks and furniture, as well as Greek and Roman artifacts.After an included light lunch by the sea, you’ll enjoy the rest of the day on your own to soak up the beauty of this fascinating town.Dinner is on your own this evening. Overnight near SORRENTO
Day 3 : DIVINE ISLAND OF CAPRI & THE TARANTELLA SHOW
The picturesque island of CAPRI is located in the Tyrrhenian sea off the Sorrentine peninsula, on the south side of the gulf of Naples. A stark mass of limestone rock rising sheerly through impossibly blue water, Capri is the perfect microcosm of Mediterranean appeal- a smooth cocktail of vogueish piazzas and cool cafes, Roman ruins, rugged seascapes and holidaying VIPs, whitewashed buildings, labyrinthine lane-ways. Blue skies,breathtaking views,turquoise waters, today you’ll be shown an oasis for artists, writers and celebrities.We’ll also explore beyond Capri town and its uphill rival ANACAPRI. After time on your own for shopping and lunch, we’ll hop onto a chairlift to the summit of MONTE SOLARO (589m), Capri’s highest point.The views from the top are utterly unforgettable.This evening enjoy a hearty Neapolitan pizza dinner with music, songs and dances of the Sorrentine peninsula.Overnight near SORRENTO
Day 4 : ENCHANTING LEMON FARM, POSITANO & RAVELLO
With its charming fishing villages and luxuriant vegetation, a mixture of orange, lemon, olive and almond trees, as well as vines and bougainvillea, the AMALFI COAST has long been popular with travelers and artists.The wild and rugged landscape contrasts with its glamorous reputation.Today our first stop is the delightful village of MASSA LUBRENSE where we will visit a lemon farm for a learning experience and a tasting of the famous limoncello liqueur.We then continue to POSITANO, the most photogenic in the entire coast. Its steeply stacked houses are a medley of peaches, pinks and terracotta, and its near-vertical streets are lined with voguish shop displays, jewelry stalls, elegant hotels and smart restaurants.After free time and a local street food experience, drive to refined hill town of RAVELLO where you’ll spend the last four nights of your Amalfi coast experience in a well-known central “HOTEL RUFOLO“or similar, located a short walk from the main town piazza.Dinner is on your own this evening. Overnight in RAVELLO
Day 5 : WINERY TOUR EXPERIENCE, CHARMING AMALFI & BOAT TRIP TO EMERALD CAVE
In the morning, we will drive to the nearby hill village of TRAMONTI for a visit to a well-known winery for a wine tasting accompanied by a delicious lunch with the family.Descend to the enchanting Spanish-looking little town of AMALFI , with its tall white houses built on slopes facing the sea in a wonderful setting.The Islamic-looking layout of the town is characterized by winding alleyways, staircases and vaulted passages which open out onto little squares. After a walking guided tour of the little town and a boat trip to the local EMERALD CAVE with its stalactites hanging down from the 24-m-high ceiling, you’ll have time on your own for sightseeing. Overnight in RAVELLO
Day 6 : MAJESTIC GREEK TEMPLES AT PAESTUM & MOZZARELLA FARM
After breakfast, we’ll drive to the CILENTO AREA to discover UNESCO listed PAESTUM temples which are among the best-preserved monuments of Magna Grecia, the Greek colony that once covered much of southern Italy. A light lunch is included in a typical MOZZARELLA FARM nearby the archaeological area. Evening is on your own to discover more hidden corners of this unique small hill town. Overnight stay in RAVELLO
Day 7 : DOLCE FAR NIENTE IN RAVELLO
Sitting high in the hills above Amalfi, refined Ravello is a polished town almost entirely dedicated to tourism. Boasting impeccable bohemian credentials- Richard Wagner, DH Lawrence and Virginia Woolf all lounged here- it’s known today for its ravishing gardens and stupendous views, the best in the world according to former resident Gore Vidal. You will enjoy these celestial panorama views from Ravello’s cathedral and from the 14th century tower that marks the entrance to Villa Rufolo gardens with its exotic colors, artistically crumbling towers and luxurious blooms.The day is at leisure to make your own explorations of this charming area of Campania region.In the evening we’ll celebrate you in a local restaurant for a “FAREWELL DINNER”. Overnight stay in RAVELLO
Day 8 : ARRIVEDERCI AMALFI COAST!!!
Private transfer to Naples airport for your flight home