To make a booking with us,fill in the new online booking form which you can find in the tour section of your desire.
A deposit per participant is required to secure your reservation.No booking will be reserved until the prescribed deposit is received.
Upon receipt of your deposit you will receive an immediate booking confirmation.
Payment of a deposit or full payment indicates you have read and consent to the terms and conditions (see below) and that you are reasonably physically fit and can walk uphill at times.Full payment must be received 60 days prior to the departure date. Final tour material will be sent by electronic mail 4 weeks before the tour starts.
MAKE A PAYMENT
Deposits and balance payments are accepted by bank wire electronic transfer for a local charge. Credit and debit card are processed securely by STRIPE (3% card charges).Wiring banking instructions will be sent to you upon request via email. After your deposit have been accredited we will send you a receipt with the due date for the balance payment and some pre-tour documentation. Should your final payment fail to reach us by the date specified on your invoice, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
Payment security is important to us. No personal information is solicited or stored on our site and you can have complete confidence in Stripe’s Industry-leading robust security practices.
MAKING A RESERVATION
1. Reservation: Please fill all the information in the online Tour Booking Form or the paper version (see above)
2. Reservation: Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the day you arrive at your destination.
3. REGISTRATION DEPOSIT is NON-REFUNDABLE since we pay most of our partners and guides in advance to ensure best quality and availability
A 400 euro per person deposit is required at time of booking ( For SICILY, SPAIN, PUGLIA and PORTUGAL tours ONLY). A 300 euro per person deposit is required at the time of booking ( For 8 days MALTA tour ONLY). A 200 euro per person deposit is required at the time of booking (For 4 days GOZO tour extension ONLY). A 500 euro per person deposit is required at the time of booking (For SARDINIA & CORSICA ONLY).
4. We reserve the right to cancel the booking without prior notice if the balance is not paid by the deadline and you will forfeit your deposit.
5. We reserve the right to cancel any tour and to decline to accept any person as a participant in a tour
6. SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS: We have space available for one or two singles on each of our tours. They are provided with single-use double rooms. The additional single supplement cost is 500 euros for the 12 days Sicily tour, 400 euros for the 10 days Puglia & Basilicata tour , euro 850 for the 10 days Portugal tour; 350 euros for the 8 days Sicily tours; 400 euros for the 8 days Malta tour And 200 euros for the 4 days Gozo tour.
7. Deposits and balance payments are accepted by Visa and Mastercard or bank wire. After your deposit has been accredited we will send you an invoice with the due date and amount for the balance of payment ( see section Payments methods)
TOUR FARE INCLUDES
1. Hotel arrangement: Twin/double room shared basis.
2. Transportation: Air conditioned luxury 8 or 19 seats motorcoach
3. English speaking tour directors as per itinerary
4. Gratuity for local city guides.
5. Included meals and drinks where specified
6. Cultural experiences where specified
7. Included excursions where specified
8. Airport transfers on Day 1 and last day of the tour
9. City tax in all the hotels
TOUR FARE EXCLUDES
1. Travel insurance and visa fees/Trip Interruption & Cancellation insurance
2. Any charges for extras not listed in itinerary
3. Room services, telephone charges, laundry fees
4. SECRET TOURS will accept no responsibilities for losses, damages or bodily harm.
5. Gratuities for tour director
6. Gratuities for the local driver/s
7. Single room supplement
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
If you cancel your tour for any reason including medical or personal reasons, cancellation fees will apply.
1. are 75% refundable 70 days or more prior to tour start date:
2. are 40% refundable 70 to 40 days prior to tour start date:
3. 40 days or less prior to tour start date: NO REFUND
1. SECRET TOURS is not liable for any delay or expense.
2. SECRET TOURS will accept no responsibilities for losses or additional expense due to accident, delay, weather, strike or cause beyond its control.
3. Passengers must have a valid passport. Your passport must remain valid for at least 6 months from the arrival date. SECRET will not be held responsible for any expenses if passenger is refused entry by any country.
4. SECRET is not liable if passenger decide to withdraw during the tour.
5. SECRET reserves the right to alter or curtail the itinerary substitute hotels and/or conveyances as it is deemed necessary.
6. SECRET will not accept liability for acts of violence for any single sharing a room with others.
7. Non-refundable for any unused portion of the tour and any meals listed in itinerary after departure whatever the reason is that you cannot continue with the tour.
8. SECRET also reserves the right to require any individual to withdraw from the tour if deemed his/her act of conduct is detrimental to or incompatible with the interest, harmony & welfare of other passengers and the tour as a whole.
SECRET TOURS shall be under no further liability thereafter to any such person.
We are an Italian-Maltese owned and registered company in Malta. We are based in Sicily and Malta and proudly member of ASTA ( American Society of Travel Agents). You are fully covered by tour operators liability insurance and regularly carry out risk assessments on the properties and services we use. We design our own tours and act only as an agent and/or intermediary for independent suppliers. As a result it retains other contractors to provide transportation, accommodation and other related travel services. SECRET accepts no responsibility for any such losses or any additional expenses or and distress due to delays, sickness, weather, strikes or any other causes.
1. Passengers shall be regarded as carrying his/her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property.
2. SECRET is not liable for any loss, injury, accident, damage, delay or expense which may arise during the tour.
3. Passenger accepts full responsibility for losses and expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, wars, quarantine and changes in itinerary.
4. SECRET TOURS will not be held responsible if passenger carries any unlawful items or irregularities, any losses and expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
5. SECRET TOURS, tour guide and driver do not accept liability for lost or stolen personal property during the tour.
NO SMOKING/NO CELL PHONES
We have a non smoking policy on all our tour buses and at all archaeological sites visited. The same policy applies for the cellular phones.
PERMISSION FOR PHOTOS AND VIDEOS FOR GUESTS
You agree that our tour directors may take photos and films of you while on holiday with us and that these may be used in our Tour Catalogue and/or advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photos and /or films.
Purchase of European travel insurance is strongly recommended. We will be pleased to assist in enquiries of any travel insurance.
Trip Interruption and Cancellation insurance is not included. We highly recommend Travelex-Insurance.com to protect your vacation.
Any and all information submitted to us by you is held in strict confidence. Your name, address, phone number, email address, tour inquiry or purchase information will be used by Secret Italia Tours only and not shared with any third parties.
If you are a travel agent, do contact us to find the right partner for planning and developing your tours. We have a vast knowledge and plenty of experience. We can create itineraries according to your customers wishes for small groups.
TOUR CHANGES/GUESTS BEHAVIOUR
All information on our website is to the best of our knowledge, correct. However, we reserve the right to make changes in accommodations, visits and itineraries at any times should it become necessary. It is beyond our control delays or itinerary changes caused by strikes, bad weather, traffic or other unforeseen circumstances. We are not obliged to pay guests compensation.
We reserve the right to accept/reject or not retain any person whose behaviour affects the enjoyment of the tour.
YOUR BOOKING PROTECTION
In accordance with “The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992”, there is no requirement for Financial Protection of day trips when flight is not included and none is provided. Please refer to Insurance section.
WALKING ON TOUR
We do not place any age limitations on the tour and welcome anyone with a moderate level of physical fitness. Most medieval towns were built as hilltop fortifications, so you will find some of your walking to be uphill. Be prepared to spend a few hours a day on your feet. We will always do our best to accommodate everyone, including offering alternative arrangements where possible.
You are allowed one suitcase and one carry-on bag. If you exceed this limit there may not be space in the coach to transport your excess luggage and it will be at your own expense to have it transported throughout the tour. We suggest that you bring a daypack for carrying water, guide books, jacket, rain gear, etc.
Are located in quiet locations within historic districts or a short distance outside the city walls. European hotel rooms are generally smaller than those in the U.S, and have one queen bed or two single beds, with private bath.
We have space available for several singles on each of our tours. They are provided with single-use double rooms.
For our recommended tours and dates, as listed in our web site, are guaranteed. We do not sell optional excursions or take you on shopping expeditions. Your additional expenses will be for non-included meals, moderate tipping where appropriate, and personal sightseeing or shopping